Municipal Facilities Closed to the Public in Oromocto - 17 March 2020
In response to the rapidly evolving situation related to the COVID-19 and the advice of the province’s Chief Medical Officer, business continuity plans are being activated. All municipal facilities and buildings will be closed to the public until further notice. Employees already deemed critical to the Town will report to work as normal, while others will work from home.
Programs and service delivery will transition from normal operations to a focus on maintaining critical services as follows:
• Public Works: water supply and sewage treatment monitoring and testing, small crew for critical infrastructure repairs, monitoring traffic control systems, limited vehicle repair and limited animal control will continue.
• Fire: fire and emergency services will continue. Station 1 and Station 2 are closed to the public.
• Payments and Permits: the payment and permit desks are closed to the public. Urgent Building permits and inspections may be coordinated by calling 357-4500. Credit card payments will be accepted for permits via telephone at 357-4400. All other payments may be made online at Service NB or online banking.
• General Inquiries: public inquiries will be answered by calling 357-4400.
• Recreation and Tourism: all facilities are closed until further notice. Administrative staff will be working remotely from home
• Clerks Office: Council in Committee meetings will continue and open to the public (social distancing at meetings will apply).
This situaton is being monitored very closely and service levels may change. We will continue to communicate information on an on-going basis
4 Doyle Drive, Oromocto NB E2V 2V3