The Fay Tidd Public Library has been serving the informational, educational and leisure needs of the Town since 1961. The Town of Oromocto as well as the Province of New Brunswick each provide funding for the operation of the library. Membership to the library is free. You can also check out the library at its Facebook page!
A wide range of materials are available. There are books in English, French, and German for both adults and children. Magazines, newspapers, pamphlets, cassettes, compact discs, DVD’s, and videos may be borrowed. The Library provides free internet access as well as access to the Provincial Catalogue. Information about the New Brunswick Libraries may be accessed here. There is also access to the public library website with a Virtual Reference Library and other electronic resources.
FEBRUARY 2017 Events (free of charge)
The library offers free Internet access & printing services. All library programs are free of charge. Program registration will start January 9th
. Please register by calling the library at 357-3329 or stopping by the information desk.
ALL LIBRARY PROGRAMS ARE FREE OF CHARGE! Hours of Operation
- Tuesdays TODDLER TALES takes place Tuesday mornings at 10:15am. This program is for toddlers (18 months – 3 years old) accompanied by an adult. This 30-minute program is packed full of stories, games, finger plays and crafts.
- Wednesdays Instill a lifelong love of reading with BABIES IN THE LIBRARY, a 30-minute bilingual program for parents and babies (infants to 18 months) that runs for 6 weeks on Wednesday mornings starting at 11am.
- Thursdays PRESCHOOL STORYTIME will be Thursday mornings at 10:15am. This program is for 3-5 year olds accompanied by an adult. Enjoy stories, games, rhymes and crafts.
- Fridays Book an appointment with library staff from 11am-12pm on Fridays for TECH HELP and receive one on one help with your ereader, Facebook, email or other tech questions.
- Feb 3 PRETEEN CREATING CLUB (for youth in grades 6-8) will meet at the library every first Friday of the month from 3:30pm-4:30pm. Every month is something new. Join this month to try Makey Makey and see what you can do with electricity.
- Feb 4 Everyone is invited to the library for a FAMILY STORYTIME starting at 10:30am. The whole family can share in stories and activities that foster a lifelong love of reading.
- Feb 3 & 17 IMAGINATION STATIONS (formerly Lego Club) is Friday afternoon at 3:30pm for school-aged children. Children will explore their inner builder during this hour long program with building blocks.
- Feb 7 & 21 Families are invited to the library’s experiment themed storytime: S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) on Tuesday nights at 6:30pm. Upcoming themes are shadows and winter animals.
- Feb 10 The over-sixty crowd is invited to join us for BROWSE & BRUNCH at the library from 9:00 to 10:00am. Meet old friends and make new ones.
- Feb 11 CREATIVE COLOURING for adults will start at 2:00pm. Join us for some relaxing colouring and conversation. All materials are supplied.
- Feb 14 The BOOK LOVER’S DESSERT AND DISCUSSION GROUP will meet at 6:30pm. Meet new people and learn about new books. This month we will be sharing our favourite books or books that have inspired us.
- Feb 16 The HACKMATACK BOOK CLUB (for youth in grades 4 to 6) will meet at 3:30pm. Club members meet monthly for activities and discussion on the best Canadian children’s books before voting for their favourites! New members are always welcome.
- Feb 28 Children who want to practice reading can book a time with Morgan, the dog who loves to be read to, for SILENT SIDEKICKS at the library between 2 and 3:30pm. For more information or to schedule your 15 minute session, please call 357-3329.
- Feb 28 Bring your current craft project to the library for our new CRAFT-A-LONG program from 2-4pm! Work along with others to learn and share new skills.
Mon 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tues & Wed 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
Thurs 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri & Sat 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: 54 Miramichi Avenue, Oromocto, NB