Public Notice - Engineering and Public Works reports a bear sighting near Johnson Avenue where it had gotten into a garbage can and a bird feeder.
The following tips are offered to minimize the chances of attracting bears:
1) store garbage in containers with tight-fitting lids;
2) put garbage out only on the morning of pickup;
3) put bird feeders away as seeds, suet and nectar attract bears;
4) pick any fruits and berries as they ripen; don't let them rot on the ground; and
5) clean outdoor barbeque grills after each use, including the grease traps underneath.
If residents see a bear, do not approach it, you may report it to (506) 444-4888. If a bear is imposing an immediate threat or is exhibiting threatening or aggressive behaviour, call 911.
4 Doyle Drive, Oromocto NB E2V 2V3